- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 envelope Parmesan Italian or Caesar salad dressing mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 submarine buns, split and toasted
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Place chicken in a large bowl; sprinkle with salad dressing mix. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 3 minutes. Add chicken; saute for 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Spoon mixture onto bun bottoms; top with cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken Subs
"I used standard Italian dressing mix. It was wonderful."
"Yum! I have made these numerous times and they are always a hit. I use zesty italain dressing mix, though. Very good, quick and easy!"
"Loved the sub but I did used Ranch salad dressing mix instead because that was the only flavor I had. Will definitely make it again. Thanks for sharing."