Cheesy Chicken Subs Recipe
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 envelope Parmesan Italian or Caesar salad dressing mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 submarine buns, split and toasted
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. Place chicken in a large bowl; sprinkle with salad dressing mix. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil for 3 minutes. Add chicken; saute for 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. Spoon mixture onto bun bottoms; top with cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 709 calories, 29g fat (9g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1478mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken Subs
"I used standard Italian dressing mix. It was wonderful."
"Yum! I have made these numerous times and they are always a hit. I use zesty italain dressing mix, though. Very good, quick and easy!"
"Served this for our dinner tonight and hubby loved them Tasty, quick and easy dinner. Served with a fruit salad and raw veggies."
"Loved the sub but I did used Ranch salad dressing mix instead because that was the only flavor I had. Will definitely make it again. Thanks for sharing."