Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. Add the spaghetti and olives if desired.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the second casserole at 325° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer.
- 3. To use the frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Bake as directed. Yield: 2 casseroles (5 servings each).
1 each: 421 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1163mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
"I made this chhicken Spaghetti recipe for sons wedding and it was a big hit with the crowd. I have made it for others since then."
"I've been making this since the recipe was first published. It's one of my familys favorites."
"gave it only 4 stars as is because I don't care for velvetta cheese but we used American cheese and it turned out fabulous."
"this was a really good and filling casserole. Quite easy also!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.