- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. Add the spaghetti and olives if desired.
- Transfer to two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the second casserole at 325° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer.
- To use the frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Bake as directed. Yield: 2 casseroles (5 servings each).
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
Sort By :
"I made this chhicken Spaghetti recipe for sons wedding and it was a big hit with the crowd. I have made it for others since then."
"I've been making this since the recipe was first published. It's one of my familys favorites."
"gave it only 4 stars as is because I don't care for velvetta cheese but we used American cheese and it turned out fabulous."
"this was a really good and filling casserole. Quite easy also!"