Cheesy Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 sandwich rolls, split and toasted
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 5 minutes. Turn chicken.
- 2. Add green pepper and onion to skillet. Cook 5 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Spoon vegetables over chicken; top with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 479 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein .
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken Sandwiches
"I make this all the time but to save calories we don't put it on the rolls."