Cheesy Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
"My family and friends just can't get enough of this quick chicken smothered with mozzarella, green pepper and onion," writes Jimmie Patterson from Reynolds, Georgia. With toasted rolls, the recipe makes super sandwiches that you will want to serve-and you and others will enjoy-again and again.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 sandwich rolls, split and toasted
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 5 minutes. Turn chicken.
- 2. Add green pepper and onion to skillet. Cook 5 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Spoon vegetables over chicken; top with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 479 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC