Cheesy Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe
- 8 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 block (6 ounces) cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed cheddar cheese crackers (about 2 cups whole crackers)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut cheese into eight 3-1/2-in. x 3/4-in. sticks. Place one cheese stick in the center of each chicken breast. Fold long sides over cheese; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick if necessary.
- 2. In a bowl, combine crackers and taco seasoning. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumb mixture. Place, seam side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Cover and bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 329 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.