Cheesy Chicken Parmigiana Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Top with mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with tomato sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken Parmigiana
Sort By :
Made this exactly as written. It was very very good, but took much longer for the chicken to cook. I probably only needed 1/4 of the sauce and that was for FOUR large chicken breasts. Think I'd go a liile less on the Italian seasoning next time too. All four of us enjoyed this and I will make it again
I followed the recipe, but used a little more bread crumbs as I used 4 chicken breast. I also overlooked the Parmesan cheese with the bread crumbs, so I put the cheese in the sauce. This thickened the sauce, & real tasty.
Great idea using the Dressing. I'm making pot roast tonight but tomorrow, I'll put it to the test.
I used reduced fat Italian dressing instead of the egg, and it worked great! Excellent recipe!