Cheesy Chicken Fajita Pizza
“This always seems best late at night or when we have friends over," says Darlene Brenden of Salem, Oregon. "Ready to bake pizza crusts are such a time saver and makes this pizza taste as good as any pizzeria.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, onion and green pepper in oil
- until chicken juices run clear; drain. Sprinkle with chili powder
- and garlic powder.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spoon chicken mixture
- over crust. Top with picante sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at
- 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 390 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 643 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.