“This always seems best late at night or when we have friends over," says Darlene Brenden of Salem, Oregon. "Ready to bake pizza crusts are such a time saver and makes this pizza taste as good as any pizzeria.”
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, onion and green pepper in oil until chicken juices run clear; drain. Sprinkle with chili powder and garlic powder.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spoon chicken mixture over crust. Top with picante sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Chicken Fajita Pizza in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p27
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken Fajita Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review