Cheesy Chicken Crepes Recipe
Our family loves all kinds of outdoor activities, including fishing, hunting and swimming. Indoors, my favorite pastime is cooking delicious dishes like these creamy crepes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the milk and eggs. Add flour and salt to milk mixture and mix well. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 1/4 cup batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. For filling, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until mushrooms are tender; set aside. In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine the flour and rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in the mayonnaise until blended. Cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes. Gradually stir in 1-1/2 cups milk. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add 1 cup cheese; stir until melted. Remove from the heat; add chicken and the mushroom mixture.
- 4. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each crepe. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, heat remaining milk and cheese over medium-low heat, until cheese is melted, stirring constantly. Pour over crepes.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
2 filled crepes equals 635 calories, 44 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 215 mg cholesterol, 886 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC