Cheesy Chicken Crepes Recipe
Our family loves all kinds of outdoor activities, including fishing, hunting and swimming. Indoors, my favorite pastime is cooking delicious dishes like these creamy crepes.
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the milk and eggs. Add flour and salt to milk mixture and mix well. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 1/4 cup batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. For filling, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until mushrooms are tender; set aside. In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine the flour and rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in the mayonnaise until blended. Cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes. Gradually stir in 1-1/2 cups milk. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add 1 cup cheese; stir until melted. Remove from the heat; add chicken and the mushroom mixture.
- 4. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each crepe. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, heat remaining milk and cheese over medium-low heat, until cheese is melted, stirring constantly. Pour over crepes.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
2 filled crepes equals 635 calories, 44 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 215 mg cholesterol, 886 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC