- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- In a large bowl, combine the milk and eggs. Add flour and salt to milk mixture and mix well. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 1/4 cup batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- For filling, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until mushrooms are tender; set aside. In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine the flour and rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in the mayonnaise until blended. Cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes. Gradually stir in 1-1/2 cups milk. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add 1 cup cheese; stir until melted. Remove from the heat; add chicken and the mushroom mixture.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each crepe. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, heat remaining milk and cheese over medium-low heat, until cheese is melted, stirring constantly. Pour over crepes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken Crepes
"This recipe doesn't take any talent...just time! These crepes are amazing and every single time I make them for company, they are a hit. I leave out the mushrooms in a couple for myself and you could also add some other favorite ingredients. LOVE this!"