Cheesy Chicken Corn Soup
This soup is always well-received at potlucks and other get-togethers. No one can believe how easy it is to make.Joyce Isenburger, Spring, Texas
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, tomatoes, chicken, corn, 1
- cup water, onion and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the corn is tender.
- Combine the flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into the
- soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Reduce heat to low; stir in the cheese until melted.
- Yield: 9 servings (about 2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 291 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 934 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a