This soup is always well-received at potlucks and other get-togethers. No one can believe how easy it is to make.—Joyce Isenburger, Spring, Texas
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, tomatoes, chicken, corn, 1 cup water, onion and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the corn is tender.
- Combine the flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into the soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; stir in the cheese until melted. Yield: 9 servings (about 2 quarts).
Originally published as Cheesy Chicken Corn Soup in Country Woman January/February 2001, p35
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken Corn Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review