Cheesy Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1. Combine rice and broccoli; spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Add chicken and green onions; spoon over rice mixture. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over all. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Spread soup over top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 15 minutes longer. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 503 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 243 mg cholesterol, 964 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken and Rice
"Mediocre at best. Husband loved it, but kids did not."
"My husband and I love this recipe and I am making it again tonight, but I am going to change the type of cheese...Velveeta instead of cheddar since it melts much better"
"I absolutely love cheesy chicke and rice :)"
"This recipe is absolutely yummy! Even my picky, non-rice eating kids came back for seconds. It has now become a part of our monthly menu."
"Turned out wonderful, and very quick to whip up. Will definitely make again."
"This was great but I changed it a bit. I used a frozen vegetable mix w/broccoli, cauliflower and carrots in place of the broccoli. I didn't have mushrooms so just did extra veggies. I suggest mixing the soup in with the egg mixture. It never diluted and I had to mix it in by hand. Other than that, it was really good. Great winter comfort food."