Cheesy Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1. Combine rice and broccoli; spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Add chicken and green onions; spoon over rice mixture. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over all. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Spread soup over top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 15 minutes longer. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 503 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 243mg cholesterol, 964mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken and Rice
"Mediocre at best. Husband loved it, but kids did not."
"My husband and I love this recipe and I am making it again tonight, but I am going to change the type of cheese...Velveeta instead of cheddar since it melts much better"
"I absolutely love cheesy chicke and rice :)"
"This recipe is absolutely yummy! Even my picky, non-rice eating kids came back for seconds. It has now become a part of our monthly menu."
"Turned out wonderful, and very quick to whip up. Will definitely make again."
"This was great but I changed it a bit. I used a frozen vegetable mix w/broccoli, cauliflower and carrots in place of the broccoli. I didn't have mushrooms so just did extra veggies. I suggest mixing the soup in with the egg mixture. It never diluted and I had to mix it in by hand. Other than that, it was really good. Great winter comfort food."