Cheesy Chicken and Rice Recipe
When autumn winds start to blow here in the Northeast, I keep this recipe close at hand. There are never any leftovers when I serve this to my family—much to their disappointment!
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1. Combine rice and broccoli; spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Add chicken and green onions; spoon over rice mixture. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over all. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Spread soup over top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 15 minutes longer. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 503 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 243 mg cholesterol, 964 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC