Cheesy Chicken and Asparagus Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped asparagus or broccoli
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter for 5-6 minutes or until juices run clear. Stir in mushrooms, onions and garlic; saute for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cut cream cheese into cubes and stir into chicken mixture until melted. Add thyme, salt, pepper, soup and milk; stir to combine. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Prepared asparagus or broccoli according to package directions; drain and stir into chicken mixture. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 311 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 902 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken and Asparagus
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.