- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped asparagus or broccoli
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in butter for 5-6 minutes or until juices run clear. Stir in mushrooms, onions and garlic; saute for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cut cream cheese into cubes and stir into chicken mixture until melted. Add thyme, salt, pepper, soup and milk; stir to combine. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Prepared asparagus or broccoli according to package directions; drain and stir into chicken mixture. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken and Asparagus
Sort By :
Yes I will make this again and again and again. So easy to throw together during the week night and to have such great flavor. My family has beg me not to lose this recipe so it's on the calendar to make again in four weeks.
I've made this twice so far. The second time I added a little salt to the chicken when I sautéed it. (this was in addition to the salt that is called for in the recipe) It made a world of difference. No more bland chicken. I omit thyme in any recipe that I come across simply because I can't stomach the taste of thyme. This recipe is a keeper and I will make it often. Very easy and quick.