Cheesy Chicken 'n' Shells Recipe
When our friend served us this entree, I asked her for the recipe right away. It was so good, I thought I would share it with other. I cut the recipe down for a meal or two, but it can easily be doubled or tripled. It's great served as either a side dish or a main course.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:2-4 servings
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium shell pasta
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup diced process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the flour and water until smooth. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add soup, cheese and seasonings. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 3. Drain pasta; place in a bowl. Stir in soup mixture and chicken. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2-4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 429 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 1,304 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC