- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium shell pasta
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup diced process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the flour and water until smooth. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add soup, cheese and seasonings. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta; place in a bowl. Stir in soup mixture and chicken. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken 'n' Shells
"Absolutely amazing! Easily one of my family's favorite meals."
"This really wasn't all that great. I thought it was bland. I would rather make Mac and cheese and put chicken in it. I won't make this again. I just didn't think it was worth the trouble. We didn't even eat the leftovers :("
"I served this to 3 friends and they loved it. I added more cheese than the recipe called for and it was very yummy! Will definitely serve this again."
"I added 3/4 cup of peas & carrots. Tasted fabulous!"
"Whole family loved it!"
"very good! wouldn't change a thing!"
"The cheese sauce is absolutely delicious. Overall, the recipe is great. I added double the amount of salt (used reduced sodium broth to control salt content) and pepper and add a dash of red pepper."
"It was alright but pretty average. I didn't add salt and it was still a little salty."
"I used 2 cups whole wheat shells, and used 3 cups shredded cheese instead of velveeta. I topped it off with crumbled Cheez-its."