Broccoli and rice casserole tops my family's comfort food list, but when we need something fast, this is the stuff. Chicken and veggie orzo cooked on the stovetop speeds everything up. —Mary Shivers, Ada, Oklahoma
Featured In: 40 Light-ish Recipes That Don't Skimp on Cheese
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli with cheese sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat broccoli with cheese sauce according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, salt and pepper; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain orzo. Stir orzo and broccoli with cheese sauce into skillet; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Orzo in Simple & Delicious February/March 2015
Reviews for Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Orzo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review