- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen broccoli florets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well. In a large saucepan, combine soup, sour cream, 1 cup cheese and 1-1/4 cups onions. Cook over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the broccoli.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Cheddar Broccoli Casserole
Sort By :
"I'm not much for broccoli, but this casserole was pretty good. It'll be a keeper!"
"Made it exactly as written. Very good! Definately will make again. My husband requested it , and I found this recipe. Took it to my inlaws for Easter dinner, and my father in law ate three helpings. Everybody went back for seconds. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!"
"1/15/15I have never made this dish before and my family just loved, they kept asking for seconds. My 4 yr old granddaughter ate extra servings as well. This will be a regular at my table. I added more onions and cheese on the top and it just gave it that extra!.I highly recommend this dish! Thank you for sharing.Mollie."
"Had only about a half cup of sour cream, so I filled the rest of the cup with Miracle Whip. My family loved this for Christmas dinner. This is a keeper."
"I've been making this for years....everyone loves it. It's so easy. I use mayo in place of sour cream. My topping, in place of french fried onions, is crumbled Ritz crackers mixed with melted butter. I've used cream of chicken soup as opposed to the mushroom soup...either is good. Delish! I skip the placing of ingredients in a sauce pan and just place everything, along with steamed broccoli, in the casserole dish."