- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen broccoli florets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well. In a large saucepan, combine soup, sour cream, 1 cup cheese and 1-1/4 cups onions. Cook over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the broccoli.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Cheddar Broccoli Casserole
"This was really good! Great alternative to green bean casserole."
"This was a real crowd pleaser and has made it onto my menu planning short list! I made it for Thanksgiving, but it will definitely find its way to our dinner table a lot! I did use low fat versions of the soup, sour cream and cheddar cheese and it was still rich and delicious!"
"This is the broccoli version of green bean casserole. As I prefer broccoli, I like this recipe even better than the classic."
"I'm not much for broccoli, but this casserole was pretty good. It'll be a keeper!"
"Made it exactly as written. Very good! Definately will make again. My husband requested it , and I found this recipe. Took it to my inlaws for Easter dinner, and my father in law ate three helpings. Everybody went back for seconds. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!"