- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen broccoli florets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well. In a large saucepan, combine soup, sour cream, 1 cup cheese and 1-1/4 cups onions. Cook over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the broccoli.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Cheddar Broccoli Casserole
"I'd never used sour cream in a broccoli casserole, but it works! Will definitely make this again and again!"
"This was really good! Great alternative to green bean casserole."
"This is the broccoli version of green bean casserole. As I prefer broccoli, I like this recipe even better than the classic."
"I'm not much for broccoli, but this casserole was pretty good. It'll be a keeper!"
"1/15/15I have never made this dish before and my family just loved, they kept asking for seconds. My 4 yr old granddaughter ate extra servings as well. This will be a regular at my table. I added more onions and cheese on the top and it just gave it that extra!.I highly recommend this dish! Thank you for sharing.Mollie."
"I've been making this for years....everyone loves it. It's so easy. I use mayo in place of sour cream. My topping, in place of french fried onions, is crumbled Ritz crackers mixed with melted butter. I've used cream of chicken soup as opposed to the mushroom soup...either is good. Delish! I skip the placing of ingredients in a sauce pan and just place everything, along with steamed broccoli, in the casserole dish."
"It's a great recipe but only if you add 1 can of cream corn! It makes it amazing. Without the cream corn, it just isn't the same. It gives it that extra something & everyone loves it!"