Cheesy Cheddar Broccoli Casserole
“Everybody who has tried this side dish absolutely raves about it,” reports Elaine Hubbard of Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania. “People who don’t even like broccoli beg me to make it.”
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen broccoli florets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well. In a large
- saucepan, combine the soup, sour cream, 1 cup cheese and 1-1/4 cups
- onions. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated
- through. Stir in the broccoli.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325°
- for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with the remaining
- cheese and onions. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is
- melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 319 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 605 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.