Cheesy Cheddar Broccoli Casserole Recipe
“Everybody who has tried this side dish absolutely raves about it,” reports Elaine Hubbard of Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania. “People who don’t even like broccoli beg me to make it.”
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen broccoli florets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well. In a large saucepan, combine soup, sour cream, 1 cup cheese and 1-1/4 cups onions. Cook over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the broccoli.
- 2. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 319 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 605 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC