Cheesy Cauliflower with Peas Recipe
I couldn't "sell" cauliflower to my daughters until I came up with this saucy casserole. Then they requested it. It appeals to kids' tastes, even with vegetables they don't usually eat.—Barbara Jaggers, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), broken into florets
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a covered saucepan, cook cauliflower in a small amount of water until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Drain the cauliflower. Add peas, mushrooms, 1 cup of cheese and cauliflower to the milk mixture; stir gently. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 174 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Cauliflower with Peas
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC