Cheesy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
When a chill is in the air, I like to make soups for the family. Cheese adds flavor and heartiness to this one, which is my own recipe. —Ruth Worden, Mossena, New York
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cauliflower, broth and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Mash cauliflower.
- 2. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the cream, milk, carrot, bay leaves and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Stir in potato flakes.
- 3. Cook 30 minutes longer or until thickened. Discard bay leaves. Cool slightly.
- 4. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return to the slow cooker; stir in cheese. Cook until soup is heated through and cheese is melted. Garnish with paprika. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 274 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 738 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC