Cheesy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the cauliflower, broth and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Mash cauliflower.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the cream, milk, carrot, bay leaves and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Stir in potato flakes.
- Cook 30 minutes longer or until thickened. Discard bay leaves. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return to the slow cooker; stir in cheese. Cook until soup is heated through and cheese is melted. Garnish with paprika. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Cheesy Cauliflower Soup(3)
Sort By :
I have 5 kids and not all of them like to eat their vegetables. My son who only eats corn and green beans loves this soup and I make it several times a year.
Good soup. Why use half-and-half and 2% milk? I used all whole milk. Didn't add the potato flakes to cut down on carbs.
OMG this was lick the bowl good! SO rich and decadent, plus it is extremely filling. Next time I am going to serve it in bread bowls for a hearty winter meal.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cauliflower Soup >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Soup >
- Cheese Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Potato Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Soup >