Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup Recipe
"This soup is a variation of one I tried at a restaurant. Even people who hate cauliflower love it!" —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2-1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the vegetables, onion, bouillon and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Stir in the milk, soup, garlic powder and nutmeg. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 231 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 1,168 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC