"This soup is a variation of one I tried at a restaurant. Even people who hate cauliflower love it!" —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2-1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the vegetables, onion, bouillon and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the milk, soup, garlic powder and nutmeg. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Cauliflower Soup in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p21
Reviews for Cheesy Cauliflower and Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review