Cheesy Casserole Recipe
The comforting flavors of old-time country foods make this a favorite with my family.—Mary Elizabeth Golding, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 6 to 8 green onions with tops, sliced
- 8 ounces medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Add soup, salt and pepper; simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, green onions and noodles. Layer noodle mixture alternately with meat sauce in a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; return to oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 347 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 763 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC