Cheesy Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 6 to 8 green onions with tops, sliced
- 8 ounces medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Add soup, salt and pepper; simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, green onions and noodles. Layer noodle mixture alternately with meat sauce in a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; return to oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 347 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 763mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Casserole
"quick and easy to fix and tasty on top."
"Very good casserole, enjoyed by both my husband and myself."
"Easy, delicious, and very little time and effort involved."
"I changed the beef to ground pork but otherwise made it the same. My husband LOVES IT! I have to make 2 now, 1 for him & 1 for dinner"
"Awesome dish. I was sceptical, I don't like cottage cheese and sour cream but loved this. I made it for all my daycare kids and they all loved it too!!!"