- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 6 to 8 green onions with tops, sliced
- 8 ounces medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Add soup, salt and pepper; simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, green onions and noodles. Layer noodle mixture alternately with meat sauce in a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; return to oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Casserole
Sort By :
Very good casserole, enjoyed by both my husband and myself.
Easy, delicious, and very little time and effort involved.
I changed the beef to ground pork but otherwise made it the same. My husband LOVES IT! I have to make 2 now, 1 for him & 1 for dinner
Awesome dish. I was sceptical, I don't like cottage cheese and sour cream but loved this. I made it for all my daycare kids and they all loved it too!!!