Cheesy Carrot Casserole
SINCE all our children are grown, I like to make simple dishes for my husband and me.
I usually have cheese, carrots and rice on hand, so this is a very handy side dish to whip up at any time. The cashews add crunch and great flavor.
-Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped salted cashews
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a bowl, combine rice, carrots, cheese and egg; mix well. Spoon
- into a greased 2-cup baking dish. Combine the cashews and parsley;
- sprinkle on top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or
- until lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: Two 8-oz. baking dishes may be used for this recipe; bake for 15-20 minutes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 305 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 442 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.