Cheesy Carrot Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces each) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the carrots, celery and onion in 3 teaspoons butter until tender. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with 3/4 cup cheese. In the same skillet, saute broccoli in the remaining butter for 1 minute. Place over cheese; pour broth over all.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 114 calories, 8g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Cheesy Carrot Broccoli Casserole
"You can use less butter and lowfat cheese to make a more healthy side dish."
"This was a huge success for my senior luncheon."