Cheesy Carrot Broccoli Casserole Recipe
Anyone who hints at not enjoying broccoli would like this recipe. The vegetable combination, enhanced by cheddar cheese, makes a colorful side dish.
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces each) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the carrots, celery and onion in 3 teaspoons butter until tender. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with 3/4 cup cheese. In the same skillet, saute broccoli in the remaining butter for 1 minute. Place over cheese; pour broth over all.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 114 calories, 8 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC