Cheesy Brussels Sprouts
Even kids are likely to go for this microwave-quick and cheesy vegetable side dish!
Margaret Wilson - Hemet, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dash of pepper
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine brussels sprouts and water. Cover
- and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender,
- stirring once. Drain.
- Stir in soup and milk. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs,
- walnuts, butter and pepper; sprinkle over brussels sprouts.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 195 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 8 g protein.