Cheesy Broccoli Soup Recipe
That's why she often serves Cheesy Broccoli Soup. "This creamy and flavorful soup goes together in a flash because it uses frozen chopped broccoli and process American cheese," she explains. Plus, it's easy to warm up if Bob works late. "He likes it so much that when he grocery shops, he always makes sure the ingredients for this soup are on the list," she reports.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon or 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add broccoli. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup liquid.
- 2. In another large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Whisk in flour until blended. Add the milk and cheese. Cook over medium-low heat until thickened and cheese is melted, stirring frequently. Stir in broccoli and reserved cooking liquid. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC