Looking for a new side dish for your holiday dinners? Try this recipe that combines tender rice, nutritious broccoli and savory cheese!— Karen Weavill, Johnston, Rhode Island
Recommended: 23 Slow Cooker Side Dishes to the Rescue
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, broccoli and cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Broccoli Rice in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p213
Reviews for Cheesy Broccoli Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review