Cheesy Broccoli-Rice Bake Recipe
"With cheese and sour cream, this lovely casserole is perfect to serve to guests or share on a buffet," says Martha Myers of Ash Grove, Missouri. "It's a hearty rich-tasting side dish along with any meat."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine soups, milk and sour cream. Stir in cheeses, rice, broccoli, onion, 3/4 teaspoon of paprika and pepper.
- 2. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining paprika. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until rice and broccoli are tender. Yield: 16 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC