"With cheese and sour cream, this lovely casserole is perfect to serve to guests or share on a buffet," says Martha Myers of Ash Grove, Missouri. "It's a hearty rich-tasting side dish along with any meat."
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine soups, milk and sour cream. Stir in cheeses, rice, broccoli, onion, 3/4 teaspoon of paprika and pepper.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining paprika. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until rice and broccoli are tender. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Broccoli-Rice Bake in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p17
Reviews for Cheesy Broccoli-Rice Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2009
"A tasty and easy down-home type side side. Real comfort food. Next time I'm going to put browned pork chops or chicken breasts on top for a 1-dish meal."