"With cheese and sour cream, this lovely casserole is perfect to serve to guests or share on a buffet," says Martha Myers of Ash Grove, Missouri. "It's a hearty rich-tasting side dish along with any meat."
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine soups, milk and sour cream. Stir in cheeses, rice, broccoli, onion, 3/4 teaspoon of paprika and pepper.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining paprika. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until rice and broccoli are tender. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Broccoli-Rice Bake in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p17
Reviews forCheesy Broccoli-Rice Bake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2014
"I love this recipe. I changed it a little by adding roasted chicken and making it a real meal instead of a side dish."