Cheesy Broccoli-Rice Bake Recipe
"With cheese and sour cream, this lovely casserole is perfect to serve to guests or share on a buffet," says Martha Myers of Ash Grove, Missouri. "It's a hearty rich-tasting side dish along with any meat."
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine soups, milk and sour cream. Stir in cheeses, rice, broccoli, onion, 3/4 teaspoon of paprika and pepper.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining paprika. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until rice and broccoli are tender. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Broccoli-Rice Bake in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p17
Reviews for Cheesy Broccoli-Rice Bake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2009
A tasty and easy down-home type side side. Real comfort food. Next time I'm going to put browned pork chops or chicken breasts on top for a 1-dish meal.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Casserole Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >