Cheesy Broccoli Pie
Biscuit mix is the secret to the no-fuss crust in the tasty broccoli dish shared by Judy Siegrist of Albuquerque, New Mexico. "There's no need to roll out a crust—it makes its own as it bakes," she says. "I keep one pie in the freezer to thaw and warm up in a jiffy."
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, 2 cups cheese and onion. In
- another bowl, combine eggs, milk, biscuit mix, salt and pepper; mix
- well. Pour over broccoli mixture; toss gently. Pour into two greased
- 9-in. pie plates. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a
- knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with
- remaining cheese; return to the oven for 1-2 minutes or until
- melted. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 pies (6
- servings each).
Editor's Note: Baked pies may be frozen after cooling completely. To reheat, thaw and bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 176 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.