Cheesy Broccoli Macaroni Recipe
You'll need just four ingredients to fix this macaroni and cheese that gets extra flavor from broccoli and bacon. "It's a quick and easy dish, and it makes a nice lunch or side dish for supper," assures Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook broccoli according to package directions until crisp-tender; drain. Add the cheese; cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted.
- 2. Drain macaroni; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 391 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC