You'll need just four ingredients to fix this macaroni and cheese that gets extra flavor from broccoli and bacon. "It's a quick and easy dish, and it makes a nice lunch or side dish for supper," assures Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook broccoli according to package directions until crisp-tender; drain. Add the cheese; cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted.
- Drain macaroni; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Broccoli Macaroni in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p36
Reviews for Cheesy Broccoli Macaroni
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review