Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups 1% milk
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2-1/4 cups frozen cauliflowerets, thawed
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Add cheeses; stir until melted.
- 2. Place vegetables in a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with ham. Pour sauce over ham. Place bread crumbs in a small bowl; spray with butter-flavored spray. Sprinkle around the edge of casserole.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving equals 227 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 707 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.