- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups 1% milk
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2-1/4 cups frozen cauliflowerets, thawed
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Add cheeses; stir until melted.
- Place vegetables in a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with ham. Pour sauce over ham. Place bread crumbs in a small bowl; spray with butter-flavored spray. Sprinkle around the edge of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
"Delicious...it was so good that my husband and I ate two full servings each...I used cornstarch instead of flour, almond milk and added some sauteed red pepper and onion for added flavor...a keeper!!! Thanks."
"I really like this recipe. I used milk & used 1 cup shredded cheese since I did not have the parmesan. I used crackers crumbs instead of bread for the topping. It came together easily. I will make it again."
"Even though I used real cheese instead of low fat. And whole milk, and a little extra seasoning, we found this very bland. We ate what was on our plates, and the leftovers went to the pigs."