Cheesy Broccoli Casserole Recipe
My mother-in-law gave me the recipe for this hearty dish 32 years ago. It was the only way I could get my husband to eat broccoli—by hiding it in the stuffing!—Sheron Hutcheson of Newark, Delaware
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, drained and patted dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 package (6 ounces) reduced-sodium stuffing mix
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cheese, stuffing mix, onion, egg, nutmeg and pepper. Gradually stir in milk and broth.
- 2. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 7 servings.
1 each: 246 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC