My mother-in-law gave me the recipe for this hearty dish 32 years ago. It was the only way I could get my husband to eat broccoli—by hiding it in the stuffing!—Sheron Hutcheson of Newark, Delaware
Recommended: 40 Light-ish Recipes That Don't Skimp on Cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, drained and patted dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 package (6 ounces) reduced-sodium stuffing mix
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cheese, stuffing mix, onion, egg, nutmeg and pepper. Gradually stir in milk and broth.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Broccoli Casserole in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p37
Reviews for Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review