Cheesy Broccoli-Apple Salad
Want to sneak veggies and fruit into the party? This is the perfect go-to dish to round out the potluck. Just remember to bring the recipe; people will be asking for it. —Janet Swarner, Plainfield, Pennsylvania
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar; set aside.
- In a serving bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle with
- dressing; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 245 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.