Cheesy Broccoli and Ham Quiche
This is a great way for overnight guests to start the day. Chock-full of cheese, ham and broccoli, the quiche features an easy crust made of frozen hash browns. And because it cooks in the microwave oven, it doesn't heat up the kitchen.
-Sue Armstrong, Norman, Oklahoma
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place hash browns in a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes or until thawed. Press
- onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of plate. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, ham and
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and seasonings; pour over ham
- mixture. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 5-7 minutes or until a
- knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5
- minutes before cutting. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 190 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 177 mg cholesterol, 665 mg sodium,