Cheesy Bread Recipe
- 6 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add onions; cook and stir until liquid has evaporated. Set aside.
- 2. Cut French bread in half lengthwise and then widthwise; spread cut sides with cream cheese. Combine the Italian cheese, mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese; spread over bread. Top with mushroom mixture.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 308 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Bread
"Next time I will use only half the cream cheese spread -- it overwhelmed the other flavors. Definitely a keeper!"
"I served this bread with grilled chicken & asparagus. My husband LOVED it. I couldn't find the garlic & herb cream cheese so I used the "soft spreadable cheese" that comes in a tub. I thought it's flavor was a little strong so will use less next time."