Cheesy Bread Recipe
- 6 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add onions; cook and stir until liquid has evaporated. Set aside.
- Cut French bread in half lengthwise and then widthwise; spread cut sides with cream cheese. Combine the Italian cheese, mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese; spread over bread. Top with mushroom mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cheesy Bread(2)
Sort By :
Next time I will use only half the cream cheese spread -- it overwhelmed the other flavors. Definitely a keeper!
I served this bread with grilled chicken & asparagus. My husband LOVED it. I couldn't find the garlic & herb cream cheese so I used the "soft spreadable cheese" that comes in a tub. I thought it's flavor was a little strong so will use less next time.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mushroom Appetizers >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >