Cheesy Bratwurst Recipe
I'll admit that the combination of ingredients in this recipe is unusual, but I guarantee the flavor is fabulous!
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups water, divided
- 6 fully cooked bratwurst links (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place potatoes and 1 cup water in a deep skillet or large saucepan; cook for 15 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, brown bratwurst; add soup, beans, onion, potatoes and remaining water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese; heat until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 464 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 948 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC