Cheesy Bratwurst Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups water, divided
- 6 fully cooked bratwurst links (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place potatoes and 1 cup water in a deep skillet or large saucepan; cook for 15 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, brown bratwurst; add soup, beans, onion, potatoes and remaining water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese; heat until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 464 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 948mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein .
Reviews for Cheesy Bratwurst
"Easy to follow recipe. My boyfriend liked it and it is very filling, but I thought it seemed to be missing something. I followed the recipe exactly but the finished dish was very bland. It didn't need any more salt; it was on the verge of being too salty as it was. I ended up helping this recipe along by doubling the amount of cheese, adding fresh minced garlic and some sour cream, which helped it quite a bit. Not a recipe that I would make again."
"Other than changing to fresh green beans, I made this recipe exactly as stated. We all enjoyed it very much and the one pan clean up is a bonus."
"I used wild rice and mushroom brats! Excellent!"
"I made this recipe for myself at supper, but,modified the soup. Used celery soup and the frozen peas. Very good"
"My twin daughters, who are seven years old, give this recipe a ten out of ten total points!"
"Good dish! I made this dish for dinner last night and wanted to comment that you may need to add some salt and pepper to the dish for more intense flavors. Also, I didn't have a skillet large enough for the whole dish to fit and so I used a dutch oven instead. (I did use a skillet to brown the bratwurst first.) We also used some of the leftover cheese to sprinkle on top of the dish once it was in our bowls."